Sunday, June 19, 2011

SCI-FI MONTH: "FREEJACK"

I'm a big fan of the cyber punk genre, but this movie really dropped the ball. What really amazes me is that a lot of time, money, and effort was put into this piece of garbage. Its hard for me to give a good plot description because really, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense and I wasn't paying attention. But from what I gathered, in the future, bounty hunters transport people from the past. The "freejack" from the past is none other than Emelio Estevez himself and the mind of an evil billionaire will be transfered into his body.

This film has a pretty stellar cast. Anthony Hopkins, Rene Russo, Mick Jagger, Emelio Estevez and a plethora of other recognizable faces. Sadly, they don't do anything with them because the script is horrible. The special effects are decent and well done, but not imaginative in the least. I'm trying to think of something redeeming about this movie, but there just isn't anything. This, along with some other horrible sci-fi movies killed the cyber punk scene in the 90s. So I won't cut "Freejack" any slack. This movie sucks. BIG TIME.

*1 Lance Approval*

No comments:

Post a Comment