Saturday, December 19, 2009

"THE LAST AMERICAN VIRGIN"

Ah yes, if anyone knows me they know I am a huge advocate of this movie. I'm pretty much a fan of all things 80's and this is no exception. "The Last American Virgin" could be viewed as your typical horny teenager movie or second rate "Fast Times At Ridgemont High", but I believe it stands above all the others for a couple reasons. One reason is that it is willing to take risks. "Porkys" and those movies were pretty crude, but here we have things even more perverted than those movies, but also it isn't afraid to show a little emotion. The second reason is the more realistic ending. I don't want to give it away for those who haven't seen it, but for those who have, you know exactly what I'm talking about. Let's just say you don't get your typical happy movie ending, and it ends on a very odd note. I like the actors too, we get Lawrence Monoson who you may know as one of Jason's victims in "Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter", along with Steve Antin, who you may remember as the douche bag jock in "The Goonies". I remember my entire high school career, I searched long and far for this film. It was out of print and only available on VHS. Luckily now, it is a widespread DVD release. Do yourself a favor and pick up the best of the 80's teen comedies.

*3 and 1/2 Lance Approvals*

No comments:

Post a Comment