Wednesday, February 9, 2011

80's MONTH: "THE NIGHT BEFORE"

I'm all about the lost collection. 80's films that have been out of print for many years but feature some of our favorite stars. "The Night Before" has all the makings for an 80's classic. A young Keanu Reeves, a young "Full House" mom, and a series of wacky adventure's in bad cinema's ultimate play ground; Hollywood.

"The Night Before" has its moments, but I found myself not overly interested in anything going on. This is the kind of film you watch drunk or high and laugh at how C level it is. Still, there is something that draws me to it. Maybe it is the performances or the mystery of what actually happened to our young hero? I appreciate some of the comedy, but I felt like they could have gotten a little darker and dirtier with the disgusting streets these young teenagers are stuck on. They didn't go there, probably for the young audience, but it leaves me, an old man in my mid 20s wanting something more.

*2 Lance Approvals*

No comments:

Post a Comment