Friday, February 25, 2011

80's MONTH: "RENEGADES"

I hadn't heard much about this film, shocking because I am the 80's expert. I was excited to view it. Two solid actors of the 80s, a cop action/drama, native american references, etc. All of the above sounded good. I popped this bad boy in once it came in the mail. Sadly, it was overall mediocre. I was entertained for the most part, but I wasn't thrilled with this film. It had moments of potential greatness, but it flounders near the bottom end of some buddy cop pictures.

The plot is very basic. Keifer Sutherland is an undercover cop. The criminals he is working with steal something important to a Native American tribe. The young Lou Diamond Phillips is sent out by the Native Americans to retrieve this item. Together he meets up with Keifer and they do battle against the criminal underworld, but not without many instances of Keifer abandoning "chief" and being a completely generic asshole white guy. Really you don't need to know much else. There are some cool chase scenes, and Keifer seems to be more brutal than usual, but unfortunately I'm going to chalk this up as a basic cop movie.

*2 Lance Approvals*

No comments:

Post a Comment