Friday, January 1, 2010

"WHATEVER WORKS"

I'm starting off the new year with a film I neglected last year. I wanted to possibly consider this in one of my 2009 lists, but unfortunately (and fortunately) it wouldn't have made the cut. On one hand I applaud this film for going back to the classic Woody Allen style we all know and love. But at the same time, I felt Larry David provides more quality laughs in his "Curb Your Enthusiasm" role, than as a fake Woody Allen. The other stars are decent, but in the end they all seem pointless compared to Larry David's character; as is the self centered world of Woody Allen. I wouldn't put this up there with the classics, but like "Match Point" and "Vicky Christina Barcelona" it was a step in the right direction for the Wood man. Definitely an honorable mention of 2009.

*3 Lance Approvals*

No comments:

Post a Comment